The 2013 HIPAA Omnibus Rule has raised the stakes for any law firm that provides services to the healthcare industry. Under the new regulations, law firms that interact with protected health information (PHI) are directly liable for compliance with the entire HIPAA Security Rule and select provisions of the Privacy Rule, including the requirement that uses and disclosures of PHI must be limited to the “minimum necessary” to accomplish an intended purpose.
- Analysis of key regulation changes that impact law firms
- Explanation of HIPAA Security Rule requirements
- Overview of breach notification requirements
- Assessment of penalties for non-compliance
- Overview of technologies available to remediate compliance gaps
- Best practices for information security
We're pleased to feature several speakers, including Lisa Sotto from Hunton & Williams, who has been rated as the #1 privacy expert for three consecutive years by Computerworld magazine.
Date: Wednesday, March 13
Time: 9 am Pacific / 12 pm Eastern
Duration: 75 minutes
Attendance is by invitation only. For more information, please contact: email@example.com.