The 2013 HIPAA Omnibus Rule raises the stakes for law firms. Under the new regulations, firms that interact with protected health information (PHI) are directly liable for compliance with the entire HIPAA Security Rule and select provisions of the Privacy Rule.
Our speakers will review how key rule changes affect law firms and how law firms can best respond. Topics will include:
- Analysis of key regulation changes that impact law firms
- Explanation of HIPAA Security Rule requirements
- Overview of breach notification requirements
- Assessment of penalties for non-compliance
- Overview of technologies available to remediate compliance gaps
- Best practices for information security
We're pleased to feature several speakers, including Lisa Sotto from Hunton & Williams, who has been rated as the #1 privacy expert for three consecutive years by Computerworld magazine.
Date: Wednesday, March 13
Time: 9 am Pacific / 12 pm Eastern
Duration: 75 minutes
Attendance is by invitation only. For more information, please contact: email@example.com.