Yesterday, we highlighted the Willis risk management survey report, which noted: "...a clear lack of consistency in establishing clear terms of engagements and undertaking client due diligence when retaining clients." This jibes with other conventional wisdom – see for example past coverage, such as the colorful commentary on this exact topic from US General Counsel at Dentons and former GC at Jackson Kelly.
Now from Intapp comes a recorded engagement letter webinar highlighting how Intapp Open enhances this important piece of business acceptance. It runs about 10 minutes and includes a software demonstration showing automating engagement letter creation.
Intapp Open makes it easy to broaden the use of engagement letters by tightly integrating and automating drafting and tracking activity as part of new matter inception. This allows organizations to increase the overall use of engagement letters, to reduce risk and protect revenue, while increasing internal efficiency and lawyer satisfaction by reducing overhead associated with traditional business intake processes. It:
- Automatically generates draft engagement letters for new matters, using data gathered during the normal intake process (or additional detail gathered through questions integrated into normal form/workflow activity)
- Supports multiple templates, using the relevant option based on firm-defined business rules (e.g. matter type, geography, jurisdiction)
- Integrates document assembly, leveraging a firm’s existing investment in HotDocs or ContractExpress; or allowing organizations to secure a document assembly tool licensed for engagement letters
- Manages review and approval of draft letters as part of the overall new matter review and intake process
- Attaches generated letters to intake requests, creating a clear record and audit trail