“Is it time to replace your outdated Records Management System?”
New York, on Wednesday, February 3rd
- InOutsource and FileTrail are hosting a Lunch and Learn. FileTrail is a modern records platform that is easy to deploy with features to enable law firms to comply with their information governance policy. FileTrail’s retention review module stands alone in the marketplace. FileTrail is browser-based, offers both a hosted and on premise solution and integrates with a variety of systems used in law firms including iManage Work and NetDocuments.
In Chicago, running March 2-4, is the annual Legal Malpractice and Risk Management Conference. Now in its fifteenth year, this event always earns high marks. And 2016 looks to be no exception – here are a few agenda highlights:
- Legal malpractice claims and insurance trends
- Discussion of lawyer obligations to provide business advice (ed: an increasingly common expectation from clients are part of their growing service expectations)
- “Phantom Clients and How to Exorcise Them”
- • A panel on engagement letters and outside counsel guidelines
- • A roundtable on "what's worrying law firm GCs?"
Set for San Francisco April 24-27, the Intapp global user conference (Inception 2016) includes multiple risk-related content tracks, educational sessions, product information and opportunities for peer networking.
- In addition to practical discussions focused on conflicts management, business intake, confidentiality/security, client terms of business management, engagement letters, and client evaluation, risk blog readers should take note of the all day Risk Roundtable track set for that Tuesday.
- With topics including review of the 2016 Risk Survey (launching shortly), the Business Acceptance Maturity Model, risk staffing approaches, and more, this event offers a unique forum that’s already attracting a diverse audience of law firm general counsel/risk leaders, conflicts and intake professionals, IT leaders and IT staff.