A brief note to remind readers that the early bird registration deadline for Inception 2017 (May 15-18) expires this Friday. With great turnout (and great feedback) from risk-focused attendees last year, it was inevitable that we’d increase our risk investment in 2017.
Indeed, we’re planning informative, instructive and inspiring sessions. These include a special Risk Roundtable track. (And a GC breakfast event, which I heard loudly and clearly that many non-partner, risk professionals wanted in on last year. Message received, see below.)
Some key sessions, panels and topics which should incite interest:
- Panel summary and discussion of key takeaways from the morning GC breakfast
- Risk staffing approaches for conflicts management
- Enhancing the business impact of risk management
- Making the case for investing in risk
- Expanding client evaluation (beyond conflicts, how to address client health, strategic alignment and other factors)
- Enhancing intake through better client requirements and terms of business management
- Integrating third party data into business acceptance
- Case studies about migrating from legacy conflicts applications
- Advanced topics and scenarios in new business intake
- Advanced topics in conflicts management and compliance (AML, KYC, etc)
- Addressing business intake/conflicts management as part of general Practice Management System (PMS) migrations and upgrades
- Information security trends and drivers
- Why Walls, information barriers and screens now matter more than ever
The latest agenda, event overview and a new “Dear Manager” letter template (for those who might need some assistance making the case for investment to their supervisors) are all online at: www.inception17.com.
I previously offered qualified and enterprising blog readers a path to an additional discount. And in the spirit of inclusion (today is a big post for “in” words), I’m extending the same offer this week, with a limited supply on hand.
If you’re interested... email: Tammy Kim: email@example.com (and tell her that I sent you). (And watch for future updates on Inception 2017.)
And, for a bit more flavor on the event, see this 90 second recap video highlighting the 2016 experience: